Experts in digital transformation in lifting equipment management. Enhance your efficiency and traceability with Granada Cranes.
Efficient Reporting and Maintenance for Customer Experience and Sustainability
Since 2008 Granada has ceased to use paper as a means of recording and supplying information. All documentation completed by our engineers on‐site is carried out in electronic format on handheld tablets. This includes but is not exclusive to:
- Risk Assessments and Work Permits (RA)
- Site Time Records (STR)
- Planned Preventative Maintenance Reports (PPM)
- Reports of Thorough Examination
- Ladder Log’s
- Load Test Reports
Digital records and reporting have many key benefits over traditional methods, including:
- No use of paper which is good for the environment.
- All documents are saved electronically so they cannot become lost.
- Legibility – by having typed documents the information is always clear and unambiguous.
- Large amounts of data can be stored on a computer hard drive instead of in multiple filing cabinets.
- When specific information is required it can be quickly found and accessed in pristine condition.
Once the records and reporting document in question has been completed there is an option for it to be signed by an authoritative person in the case of STR’s and Risk Assessments or the engineer completing the report in the case of PPM Reports and Reports of Thorough Examination. When the signed document is finished it is automatically sent to an email address of the customer’s choice and saved against the unique job reference on the Granada system where it can also be accessed via our Nexus system over the internet.
Digital Risk Assessments
- Risk assessments and method statements are completed on site by the engineer using an exclusive Granada ap on a smart phone.
- The assessments are bespoke for each job.
- They include area pre-control photos and post control photos
- These are automatically sent via mobile data SIM to the appointed site representative/s via e-mail
- Upon receipt by client, Permit to work granted
Download and view example reports:
Site Time Records
For each job completed on each crane (with the exception of planned preventative maintenance) our engineers complete a site time record. This document contains the basic details of the customer name and address and our unique job reference but also contains details of the equipment worked on and can include an order number if the customer wishes. It then has an endless text box to record details of the work carried out and sections to list materials used, additional repairs required (if applicable) and the number of hours worked. The customer then has the ability to read through this information before signing off and accepting the details provided.
The record is then automatically date stamped at the time it is completed and returns to our system where it is logged against the unique job, simultaneously a copy is emailed to an email address of the customer’s choice. In addition to receiving these by email the customer can access them at any time through our Nexus web based portal.
In addition to providing this useful information in a clear format which is backed up saved, the system gives us some unique advantages. For example, if any additional repairs are indicated a separate email is generated and sent to our service team so they can action the work or quote for them (as required by the customer). This helps prevent any additional work being missed by paperwork not making it back to the office promptly.
Planned Preventative Maintenance Report
Planned Preventative Maintenance is conducted using our customised digital system.
Items are evaluated on a scale of 1 to 6, based on their condition.
The resulting report incorporates a traffic light system, facilitating the swift identification of any components necessitating further action.
Each section of the document can be supplemented with comments and supporting photographs for comprehensive and clear communication.