£37,000 – £45,000 p/a basic – (£18.00 – £22.00 p/h basic)
Working at Granada
Granada Crane Limited is the UK’s leading independent overhead crane manufacturer and service provider. Employing over 60 service engineers from our sites nationwide, Granada provide technical services to some of the worlds largest companies in aerospace, steel manufacturing and critical infrastructure sites such as power and water. In addition to this, Support services are provided to many leading UK Blue chip companies and smaller businesses alike.
Due to the continued growth of Granada Cranes Limited’s, already established, service and repair customer base. We are seeking Electrical and Mechanical Crane Technicians to operate from our Midlands branch to perform inspections, repairs, maintenance and modernisation of all types of overhead cranes, hoists and lifting equipment.
You will be an engineer with good knowledge and experience of electrical and/or mechanical service work, Particular experience of overhead cranes and hoist units preferred but not essential. You will work as part of a team in a friendly working environment and be encouraged to develop your skills, including beneficial training. Your role will involve reasonable travel throughout the local area and the UK.
- A background in electrical, mechanical or electromechanical engineering.
- A current UK driving licence.
- Good interpersonal skills for customer relations.
- The ability to work at heights responsibly with a positive attitude towards health and safety.
- Self-motivated with the ability to adapt to overcome technical challenges.
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends as per business requirements.
- You must be physically fit and able to work at heights
- Good English speaking and writing skills.
- Ability to investigate and repair a variety of overhead crane and hoist components in varying customer locations
- Electrical experience of 3 phase 415vac motors, squirrel cage and wound rotor, contactor control circuits, 110/48-volt relay and contactor circuits, stop and reset circuits and some frequency speed/inverter control device experience.
- Mechanical experience of medium to large drive couplings, brakes and reduction gearboxes.
- Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills
- Experience with overhead crane maintenance and inspection routines preferred.
- Experience with industrial radio control systems.
- Knowledge / Experience of vacuum lifting equipment, manipulators, electro magnets or other material handling equipment.
- C1 Driving licence beneficial
With this position the following will be provided
- Modern Company Van, good specification, automatic with built-in hands-free and navigation
- Mobile Phone
- Fuel Card
- Corporate Branded Workwear
- Corporate Branded Overalls
- High-Quality PPE (Including industry-leading self-rescue descender harnesses), hard hat, boots, etc.
- Specialist Tools Provided
- Ongoing skills development and certified training, including in house, UK and European training. Granada has a proven track record for career development opportunities.
The basic working week comprises of 40 hours with regular premium rate overtime available. The overtime rate is paid on travel and can be booked home to home in most cases. Additional bonus payments for aggressive environments and specialist sites.
You will be asked to form part of an emergency call out rota for which standby bonus is provided and then if called out the hours are paid at double time. Please note, there is an expectation that all engineers will cover call-out on a rotational basis
Company contributing pension scheme and life and accident insurance is also provided.
Holiday entitlement begins with 28 days paid annual leave, This entitlement increases with the length of service.
Personal use of the company vehicle and reasonable personal use of the company phone is permitted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £37,000.00-£45,000.00 per year